Monday, September 24, 2018

How to use an old Android phone as a Wifi only burner or tablet

Aight, so earlier this month I finally replaced (and regretfully so) my fabled LG Phoenix 3 with a Blu Vivo 5 Mini. I still use my LG Phoenix 3 religiously and thus have turned it into a Wifi only burner or tablet, so here is how to do that.
Step 1: Get an old phone.
It doesn't have to be high end (hence the entrylevel LG), then remove the SIM if one is still in it.
Step 2: Download TextNow
This will allow you to send texts and calls over Wifi with a real number (this is the burner part)
Step 3 (only for if using as a tablet): Install apps you would normally put onto a tablet
I installed Hulu and Pluto TV. The 2 apps I use on my Fire.
The Result:
I've used this setup for about 2 weeks now, and it is fine (in comparison to using my phone). My only issue is the lack of proper cell service, however I can always just pop my AT&T GoPhone SIM back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment